Welcome to the blog newsataclick.com.
As you know that nowadays we are facing many global health challenges, it is very important to keep yourself healthy and fit. Keeping in mind the most common health issues like stress, mental health, heart diseases, kidney diseases, cancer, diabetes, obesity etc, this blog has been made. Heart disease and stroke are still the leading causes of death for both U.S. men and women. In this blog we will learn various tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to improve the quality of life and keep you free from diseases.
7 Main Tips For A Healthy Life Style:
1.Benefits of Meditation:
Meditation is done to achieve mental peace and mentally stable state. It lowers our stress levels. It is done through a practice in which you can sit at a place that feels calm and quiet to you. After that you can focus on any particular object or thought. Meditation is actually a spiritual foundation which will help you to achieve calm and a stable state of mind.
Meditation will help you to cure the following lifestyle related diseases.
Don’t forget to meditate regularly to achieve a healthy lifestyle!
Read more : 9 Types Of Meditation: An Easy And Quick Way To Reduce Stress – newsataclick.com
2.Do Regular Physical Exercise:
Most important thing which you can do to keep yourself healthy is regular physical exercise. Physical exercise improves your mental health, maintains your body weight, makes your bones and muscles strong and reduces the risk of heart diseases. Physical exercise is must for attaining a healthy lifestyle.
Children of 6 to 13 years of age are benefitted a lot due to physical exercises. Regular physical exercise makes their thinking and learning sharp. It also reduces the risk of depression and anxiety. Physical activities include:
- Brisk walking or jogging
- Climbing stairs or hills
- Playing games like football, cricket, tennis, basketball etc.
3.Eat A Healthy And Balanced Diet:
Balanced diet is that which provides all the nutrients in adequate amount to your body.
A balanced diet provides carbohydrates, vitamins, fats and minerals in proper proportion to keep the body and mind strong and healthy. Eating healthy also helps to stay away from various diseases and health complications. It maintains body weight, provide energy, allows better sleep, and improves brain functions.
You should include in your diet
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Whole grains
- Some fats
4.Take Proper Sleep:
Having a good night’s sleep is very-very important for your health. Sleep needs may vary from person to person, adults require 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Teenagers 12 to 18 years of age should take 8 to 9 hours of sleep. Proper sleep is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. If you are not taking enough sleep then you can put your life at risk, that is why it is recommended to take proper sleep every night. Sleep plays very important role in the regulation of our central nervous system.
Not getting enough sleep can increase the risk of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Benefits of sound sleep:
- Sound sleep can boost your immune system
- Proper sleep prevents weight gain
- Proper Sleep strengthens your heart
- Better sleep means- better mood
- Enough Sleep increases memory
5.Consume Less Salt And Sugar:
The recommended level of salt is less than 5g per day. You should reduce salt consumption to the recommended level. Most of the population consumes too much sodium through salt and at the same time enough potassium is not taken. This imbalance between sodium and potassium increases the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
Sugar is of two types -simple and complex sugar.
Simple sugars are easy to breakdown in our body and they are healthier than complex sugar. Raw or brown sugar only adds calories to our diet and it is not beneficial to the body. If you want a healthy lifestyle, it is absolutely essential to control your sugar intake.
Simple sugar is found in honey and fruits.
You should reduce the free sugar intake, too much in take of sugar can cause diabetes and obesity. Women should not take free sugar more than 6 teaspoons or 24 grams per day and men should not take more than 9 teaspoons or 36 grams per day as per The American Heart Association. According to the Harvard School of Public Health our body doesn’t need carbohydrates from added sugar.
6.Reduce Intake Of Harmful Fats:
Saturated and trans fat are very harmful to your health. Butter,margarine,beef and pork are some examples of food items which contain saturated and trans-fat.
If you consume too much saturated fat, it can increase blood cholesterol levels and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Some of the Saturated fat sources include:
- fatty cuts of beef, pork, and lamb
- dark chicken meat and poultry skin
- high fat dairy foods like whole milk, butter, cheese, sour cream and ice cream.
- tropical oils such as coconut oil, palm oil, cocoa butter.
Trans fats are the worst for your body. Trans fat raises LDL (bad) cholesterol level in your body. It can also suppress HDL (good) cholesterol levels in your body.
You might find trans-fat in:
- fried foods
- baked food items like cookies, cakes, pastries etc.
- processed snack foods like crackers, microwave popcorn etc.
For maintaining healthy life style, you should consume food with good fats. Monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fats are more “heart-healthy” fats.
Healthier fats are liquid when they’re at room temperature. Studies show that eating foods that contain monounsaturated fat can improve your blood cholesterol level and decrease your risk for cardiovascular disease. The food items which contain heart healthy fats are
- nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans)
- vegetable oils (olive oil, peanut oil)
- peanut butter and almond butter
Polyunsaturated fats are known as “essential fats” because your body cannot make them and needs to get them from foods. Plant-based foods and oils are the primary source of this fat.
Polyunsaturated fat can decrease your risk for heart disease by lowering blood cholesterol levels. Omega -3 fatty acids are beneficial for your heart and decrease the risk of coronary artery disease. They also help lower blood pressure levels and guard against irregular heart rates. The following types of foods contain omega-3 fatty acids:
- chia seeds
- canola oil
- seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds)
- vegetable oils (corn oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil).
7.Avoid Excess Use Of Alcohol And Tobacco:
You should avoid the excess use of alcohol and tobacco as alcohol and tobacco together increase the risk of several cancers many folds. Just one cigarette in a day can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Whenever a smoker inhales smoke, various carcinogenic compounds are produced which are sucked through the mouth, down the throat and finally into the lungs. This causes inflammation in all these body parts and exposes them to cancer causing chemicals. In most of the cases tobacco smoking can cause lung cancers and can spread to all parts of your body. In United States more than 480,000 deaths take place due to cigarette smoking every year. Smoking also reduces the detoxification process of our body.
If we talk about alcohol, not every drink is very harmful. Moderate amount of alcohol may be good for cardiovascular system. But if you go beyond moderate limit ,it increases the risk of colon cancer and many other cancers.
So if you want to stay healthy for lifetime, you should avoid excess use of alcohol and tobacco.
By avoiding the use of alcohol and tobacco, you can reduce the risk of:
- High blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Many types of Cancer
- Liver diseases
Here are some “healthy lifestyle quotes” to inspire you to maintain a healthy life style:
- “The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order.” `Henry Ward Beecher
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
- “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” ~William Londen
- “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” ~Plato
- “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~Doug Larson
- “Most people have no idea how their body is designed to feel.” ~Kevin Mark Trudeau
- “Preserving the health by too strict a regimen is a wearisome malady.” ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
- “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” ~Herophilus
- “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” ~Anne Wigmore
- “Health is like money. We never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” ~Josh Billings
- “Today, more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.” ~Mike Adams
- “It’s bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children’s health than the paediatrician.” ~Meryl Streep
- “Whatever your best is, give that effort in everything that you do. If you try your hardest then in the end there will be no regrets. You will be ultimately happy with the result.” ~Anonymous
- “You only get one body and one life on this earth. Respect yourself and love yourself enough to take the best care of yourself.” ~Anonymous
- “You are mentally and physically stronger than you ever thought possible, but you won’t ever figure that out until you put yourself in that situation. Pursue situations that challenge your mind and body.” ~Anonymous
- “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” ~William Shakespeare
- “Losing weight is a mind game. Change your mind, change your body.” ~Anonymous
- “Today is a new day. Fresh start! Think happy thoughts, exercise, drink lots of water. Don’t just eat. Fuel your body. Be healthy and happy.” ~Anonymous
- “Don’t work out because you “need to”. Do it because your body deserves love, respect, and healthy attention.” ~Anonymous
- “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” ~Dr. Edward Group III
Conclusion: From the above discussion we can conclude that if you want to live longer and have a quality life style and a happy life, you should pay attention towards your health first and then towards other jobs. It is well said that a healthy mind stays in healthy body.
1.How can I reduce my stress?
Do regular exercise, meditation and breathing exercises to reduce your stress.
2.Why is Japan healthiest country?
As their diet is traditionally high in soy and fish which play very important role in reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. The Japanese also have the lowest rate of obesity.
- Why are Asians so healthy?
The Asian diet is low in saturated and total fat. They consume diet high in fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Which is the healthiest city in the world according to WHO?
Valencia is the healthiest city in the world.
- Which country has the healthiest food culture?
Japan is the country having healthiest food culture in the world. They opt for fresh or fermented foods.